cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract SIM not activated - EE: the computer says no network

ee1992ee
Contributor
Contributor

I received a SIM card and my new phone and the SIM is not activated, and neither is my contract. Despite waiting weeks and weeks and having to write to and complain to Equifax because they couldn't validate my ID (as, due to EE website not working, I made several orders). I was misled by the person who set up my contract.

EE have been useless and I regret switching after 15 years with O2. They now say it'll take up to 72 hours to activate my contract which, oh, what a coincidence, would be the weekend when the team don't work. And then I might need a SIM card. And then wait longer for number porting.

After hundreds of hours spent on the phone and emailing, and nothing even approaching recompense or speediness, I have to ask if anyone else has had such a poor customer experience?

It's like they don't actually want customers..

I was going to get an Apple Watch when this is FINALLY activated and get my family onto EE but they have been the worst company I've ever dealt with. Their tagline should be 'computer says no'

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ee1992ee
Contributor
Contributor

Finally resolved. 

unfortunately there is no resolution for others to use - if EE take against you because you make a complaint against them, everything seems to go at a snail’s pace and nobody is ready, willing and able to take personal accountability. The community forum team have been the only genuinely helpful ones. 

i will be taking this up with OFCOM, the FOS and FCA but, after about a month, am glad to have a phone and network that actually works. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
ee1992ee
Contributor
Contributor

The mobile care team would like to help but they come up against inflexible processes and have no power to escalate or expedite.

The exec complaints team would like to help too but are told computer says no.

The culture at this company disempowers employees, disregards customers and shows a disconnect between senior leaders and those at the coalface. It is not working.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ee1992ee 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the start of your time with us. Mostly the activation process is pretty straight-forward and goes through without a hitch. I'm sorry that this hasn't been the case for you. It sounds like the issue you're having may be a complex one. Do you know if a ticket has been raised to our technical team for investigation?

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G

Thanks so much for responding. I wanted to join EE with its better coverage and speed but have honestly spent at least 50 hours writing emails and making phone calls because of hiccups in the Equifax process identifying me due to the multiple orders (when website malfunctioned) and a whole load of other issues which I won't go into. 

I have been working evenings and weekends to make up all the time lost just trying to join EE. It's been so painful and it goes on and on.

I don't know if a ticket was raised - I wasn't told that one had been. I asked for and did get an account number though (not that this links to my EE online account or helps get me on the network).

Chris - this has been the worst experience I've had with a firm and I would do anything just to get it fixed!

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly @ee1992ee

I have picked up the private message you have sent and will respond to you in private. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Thank you Katie! 

ee1992ee
Contributor
Contributor

I have spoken to EE again and they have told me that it might take up to SEVEN DAYS for my new phone SIM to activate. I have not been told this before and was given a much shorter maximum timeframe.

Could someone please confirm that it will be a maximum of seven days and that there will not be further delays or issues? Is someone actively working on this? I had so many issues getting the phone in the first place that it feels almost like punishment for switching.

Christopher_G

It sounds like it is being handled by our technical support team, @ee1992ee

I can't guarantee anything with timescales, but can say that the team will be working on the ticket to get you up and running as soon as possible. Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris

I will, Chris. When I was buying and Equifax were making it as difficult as possible to get ID&V confirmation despite sending all requested evidence, EE gave me dates of a month, a day, a week and other timelines which did not correspond with reality.

Eventually it went through and I noticed that after 14 days my phone was available to be bought upfront online but was not being sent out to contracted customers!

For the SIM activation I've been told immediate, 24 hours, 36 hours, 72 hours and now 7 whole days. I don't believe it can possibly take that long, it must be mean it's gathering dust in long queue. If it takes that long then I only hope this is the end of it. The customer experience has been so much worse than any other company where you sign a mutual contract and people have the integrity to say what they're going to do and then do what they've said, because it's putting customers in a fully informed position pre-contract and then treating customers fairly to bring about a good outcome.

I have concerns that you do not have the systems and controls proportionate to the size of your business to be able to serve customers in line with your responsibilities as a regulated provider of consumer credit contracts.

A vague 'we're working on it' does not bode well. We'll see what happens by Tuesday but I expect it's sitting in a long queue and a technician will look at it on or after the deadline and decide I need a new SIM card or to wait longer. I am no longer letting hope triumph over experience with the network. 

Christopher_G

The SIM activation process is usually really quick, @ee1992ee. It usually goes through within a couple of hours and no more than 24 hours, unless there's a technical problem.

It sounds like there's been a technical problem, which is why yours is taking much longer than normal.

I hope it's fixed soon for you.

Chris