cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Mobile to EE - Multiple New Sims, But Which EE Sim Matches To BT Sim?

andyjt
Explorer

Good Morning 🙂

We recently got moved to EE from BT Mobile this week, and have received the new EE sim cards yesterday.
However, we have 3 contracts on the account for the household (with differing package allowances), and so 3 different phone numbers. We have received the 3 new sim cards from EE, but how can we find out which new sim from EE is meant to pair up with which old sim from BT?

There is no useful information on the intro letter, nor on the sim card packaging, just the new phone numbers (which we won't be using as we'll be using our original numbers), some kind of serial number and a PUK code. But no way to see how any of this matches up to the existing BT sims so that we know which new EE sim card should match to which BT sim.

Am I overthinking it and they are just generic sim cards that don't need to match, and will just automatically match up to the right package/number when we start the switchover and put in the PAC code etc?

Any confirmation on how it works, or help is appreciated, thanks 😊

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andyjt 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

The number port should already have been set up for you, once the SIM cards are installed and register on the EE network this will start for you. 

The numbers will usually transfer the next working day and once this is completed you can text NUMBER to 150 from each SIM. 

If you would like to know which BT number will be allocated to which SIM before the port, please call us on 150 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andyjt 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

The number port should already have been set up for you, once the SIM cards are installed and register on the EE network this will start for you. 

The numbers will usually transfer the next working day and once this is completed you can text NUMBER to 150 from each SIM. 

If you would like to know which BT number will be allocated to which SIM before the port, please call us on 150 🙂

Leanne.

JosFaulkner
Visitor

Hi Andy

I have the same issue with 2 different Sims. Did it matter which one you used for each phone in the end?

Heya,

I had to call up in the end, and they went through which of the new sim cards pairs with what original numbers. They were very helpful on the phone 👌

Valiant1
Visitor

EE really should make it clear which SIM is for which existing BT number. We have just been caught out by this. Two SIM cards arrived yesterday in separate envelopes, both addressed to me. We decided to stagger our switchovers so one of us always had an original number in case family needed to call us. I opened one envelope and the only number I could see was the temporary one. I followed the brief instructions and waited to receive confirmation of the number transfer to EE, which came this morning.... except it was my wife's number transferred to my phone!!

I spent 20 minutes on a call to customer service this morning and although they were trying to be helpful , they said it would be some time next week before we each had the correct number. Not a great start to life with EE and surely this unnecessary hassle could have been avoided by stating which SIM was for which BT number?