cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Website says in stock, got email yesterday saying out of stock

tim5686
Contributor
Contributor

I upgraded my contract to the S9 Coral Blue on Monday evening as the website said it was in stock, I received the confirmation email with an XKN order number. I didn’t hear anything further. The order tracking page says “we can’t display your order at the moment”

I rang CS yesterday and they said phone is out of stock and there is a 7 day wait for the handset. Fair enough I thought, the Black Friday deal was a good one. However, the website is still showing that the phone is in stock and will be dispatched within 1 day, and if I typed a London postcode (I don’t live in London) in this morning, it says the phone can be delivered from 11am this morning!

How come the website says in stock, yet CS are saying it’s out of stock? Problem now is I can’t cancel the order and go to the store as the deal I got on Monday is no longer available!

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tim5686

Welcome to the community and thanks so much for ordering with us. 🙂

We try to keep the website as up to date as possible, but sometimes there's a bit of a delay with it updating. I've fed this back.

You'll get a message from DPD the day before and morning of delivery.

I hope you love your new phone when it arrives. 🙂

Chris

Thanks for the reply. Surely the website doesn’t have a 4 day delay?

if I’d known, I would have waited and gone into my local store, it would have been quicker as I could have gone in today, ordering online, given what the website says, I thought my new phone could have been with me on Tues or Weds.

Hopefully the site can be more up to date in future. Just need to learn patience waiting for my new phone!

Turns out my order wasn't processed successfully! Spoken to upgrades today who have cancelled my original order, replaced with a new order (and honouring the offer which ended on Monday) and new phone due on Monday.

Order also showing in My EE.

Disappointed wasn't told previous order went through, but very happy with experience of upgrades today - looking forward to Monday now!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I am very sorry to hear this @tim5686

Glad our upgrades team could help you today 🙂

Thanks, Leanne.