Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scummy move...

tittot
Investigator
Investigator

hey,
before i could use my credit to quickly check emails and such now it seems like its been disabled and u are being forced to buy datapack/addon but i dont understand why i cant just use my credit since i dont need it for a full day im a college student money is tight such a scummy move to force people to buy addon/packs

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tittot

Welcome to the community.

This could be something our Mobile Care team could enable for you. It's usually much more cost effective to use packs rather than pay per MB.

Chris

@tittot  You’re never been able to use the credit on your account to go towards data usage.   This only works with calls/texts.   

then i dont really understand how ive been using data ive topped up 10£ but never bought any packs/addons and my credit has gone down while using data 

the prices i saw were kinda bad imo 5£ for 250mb or 10£ for 5gb where is the in between? and the addons were for 7 or 30days if i hardly use my data its a waste i will call them today to ask

thanks for the replies from everyone

@tittot : Did you ever text STOP PACK to 150? I reckon that when you topped up £10 it bought the pack the SIM is primed with & you were then able to use data. Since then the pack has expired & as you don't have enough credit for the pack to renew you can only make calls & texts paid from your credit but, as @Chris_B said, you cannot buy data from it.

What does texting AL to 150 from it fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

unless me topping up 10£ and it auto added a pack and ive been using that since last year then thats it... lol i do remember getting spammed by 150 and i did text STOP to 150

Packs only last 30 days.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

then i have no idea how i used data since i topped up last year lol 🤔

-edit-
are boosters still a thing if u top up 10£ and u get 500mb free?