cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK to France

tburnett
Investigator
Investigator

I'm a pay as you go customer. I bought a SIM card to use and I have 50GB of data. I'm in the UK right now and I'm going to France soon. I found out that I need to buy a roaming pass right? I can't find the roaming pass to buy on the EE shop. It says I will automatically get a text that will prompt me to buy the roaming pass in France once I get there. Is that true? How am I suppose to get a text in France if I don't have service? This is way too confusing. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @tburnett

Welcome to the community. 

If you have an active subscription pack on your account you will need to purchase the roaming add-on to use your services. 

Once you arrive in France you will receive a welcome text which you will be able to respond to. 

Roaming is auto enabled on pay as you go accounts so this is how you will be able to respond. 

Please ensure you have the credit available to purchase the roaming add-on. 

More information can be found HERE

Katie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B

Hello @tburnett

Welcome to the community. 

If you have an active subscription pack on your account you will need to purchase the roaming add-on to use your services. 

Once you arrive in France you will receive a welcome text which you will be able to respond to. 

Roaming is auto enabled on pay as you go accounts so this is how you will be able to respond. 

Please ensure you have the credit available to purchase the roaming add-on. 

More information can be found HERE

Katie

Thank you, Katie!! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Katie_B

If you have any further questions please be sure to let us know @tburnett

Have a great trip.

Katie 🙂