cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sime card not working

Sylwia8
Explorer

I got sime card in uk for top up for use on aboard. I turned on in my phone before I went naw I try to use in defrent country and is not working. 

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Sylwia8 

Did you use the new SIM in the UK before travelling abroad?

EE PAYG SIMs first need to be used on the UK network before they can be used abroad.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Turning phone on is not enough! Did you use that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi yes card was in my friend ee mobile number before she sent to me. I turned off on the phone it catch the ee orange network but i can't make it any call to uk or poland. And it's seays each time this call is bad? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sylwia8,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did your friend activate the SIM by making a call or sending a text in the UK?

James