cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SIM CARD

Hmac1
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this problem as it said my new number wasn't a real number and then it kept saying error. Then I was told to top it up by an advisor then I was told to purchase the subscription separately. Then was told to sort out the PAC number transfer. Then was informed I'd be refunded the credit I topped up. Then the SIM card stopped working altogether the next day. (In any phone). 

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hmac1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is it the SIM from your old network that has stopped working, or your new EE one?

James

EE

James_B

That's unusual @Hmac1 

Does it connect to the network at all?

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hmac1 : What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No

It says 'message may send if you insert a SIM card'

It worked for a full day before all of this and my phone is not locked to a certain network as I used to be with EE before making a brief switch. 

James_B

Hi @Hmac1,

Please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can take a look at this for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

By calling with no network? 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)