cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent the number from hibernating

Thunderss
Explorer

Hello Now I'm out of the UK, I bought a new number but I didn't use it for the first time in the UK, so I can't make calls or SMS to keep my number. I won't be back in the UK for another year Should I charge £5 every 6 months to keep my new number? Will the number be kept?

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Thunderss  topping up will not retain the number. You need to use it to make a call/text every 3 months and as you’ve not used the Sim card in the UK to activate it there is no point in topping up if you’re away for this length of time 

Thunderss
Explorer

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-as-you-go/pay-as-you-go-credit-run-out-when-i-havent-mad...

👆It is explained here that toping up the account prevents hibernate But I wanted to make sure because I haven't activated the SIM card in UK yet, Does toping up once every 179 days prevent the number from being lost?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, @Thunderss , topping-up does prevent your PAYG SIM going into hibernation. Just make sure you do it well within 179 days of last time. This is despite you not being able to use it abroad cuz you never used it in UK 1st.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)