cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG topup

Tom_N16
Contributor
Contributor

I had a new sim card fitted yesterday (12 October) to upgrade me from 3G to 4G, with the same number  being retained.  I now can't topup my PAYG balance  myself using any of the usual methods eg 150 CR nnnn nn: I get the message "unable to process your request, please try again a little later"  Current balance "150 balance"  was shown as zero.  Local EE shop did the topup for me, but that's not really a practical procedure.  I can see my current balance (post topup) and can make/receive calls, so I do exist somewhere within EE.  Please help me to do the job myself and avoid the need to revisit the EE shop.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try using Fast Top-Up online to pay by UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no. & it doesn't remember your card details.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Thank you for your reply, but I'm afraid this didn't work. Message "Sorry,
we were unable to complete your request right now. Please call our customer
service team on 150". Nothing useful of course, such as "This is why...".
I'll give 150 a call and see what they have to say for themselves. Why
does Fast top-up not feature anywhere I can see on their website?

Thanks for your reply, but alas it didn't work.  I still got the same "...try again later" message.  No indication as to what the problem is.  Only the sim card was changed for the 3G to 4G upgrade, and I kept my existing number (local EE shop did this for me).  I got £10 credited in the shop when I went back to say that I couldn't do it myself.  My DIY problem persisted, so another trek to the shop seems called for.  Odd too, that the remaining pre-upgrade balance was not carried forward.