cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Receipt

bensarge
Visitor

Hi 

I have topped up my payg broadband online and need a receipt for the top up (doesnt need to be vat) how do i get this, i cant seem to find anything that tells me.

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bensarge : There are no bills or receipts with PAYG. Suggest you buy a top-up voucher or use the top-up card in a shop that does do top-ups & get a receipt from them or even top-up at an ATM & use the receipt provided.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bensarge : There are no bills or receipts with PAYG. Suggest you buy a top-up voucher or use the top-up card in a shop that does do top-ups & get a receipt from them or even top-up at an ATM & use the receipt provided.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
jumboolo
Visitor

how hard is it to issue a receipt? It is UK law to provide a receipt of payment when receiving payment for good or services. Why do this? Why not provide a receipt? It would be a simple digital function, not as if you actually have to do anything manual. Leaving EE end of month if I can't get something simple as acknowledgement pf a payment made.

ms123
Investigator
Investigator

I need a receipt as well. It is UK law to provide receipts of payment. Please clarify how to get it asap!

In the UK, it's not a legal requirement to provide a payment receipt.

ms123
Investigator
Investigator

That's just not true. you need to provide receipts… How can I get one?

@ms123   It’s not a legal requirement to give a receipt.      This is totally different to an invoice which is a legal requirement as that’s a request for payment on a service provided and payment is now due.  and that’s providing you are both VAT  registered, i.e. it’s a business to business transaction. 
 Your only option is to call customer services and request a receipt of payment, but they are not obliged to give you one.   If you require a receipt use the methods above that provide receipts at the time of transaction, 

Is It a Legal Requirement to Give a Receipt in the UK?

It’s important to understand that a receipt is different from an invoice. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) defines a receipt is “an acknowledgment of payment.” And no, you are under no legal obligation to give receipts. They are your clients’ or customers’ proof of purchase, and they can be really useful to you as a record of sales. It’s a good idea to give receipts once you’ve been paid, but it’s not a legal requirement. And other things, like bank statements, can be used as proof of purchase if there’s some kind of issue.”

use your bank statement if needs been 

ms123
Investigator
Investigator

thanks for making everybody's life more complicated

@ms123 : No, we didn't make it; the law did!

well, just because you legally don’t have to do something, doesn’t mean you can’t do it. it would be legally possible for you do offer receipt, but you just don’t want to.