cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PACK05 does not work - what a scam

g_s_something
Investigator
Investigator

I have checked I have £5 balance.  Testing PACK05 to 150 gets a "Sorry i didn't recognise that." response.  Webchat refuses to engage with any PAYG queries - suggesting calling in at 25p / min, which will then reduce my credit so I can't buy the pack.  What a scam.  Why can't EE support PAYG customers with webchat?  And to boot it's a crappy bot.

How on earth am I meant to get a pack applied?  Sooooooo frsutrating.

23 REPLIES 23
g_s_something
Investigator
Investigator

Laura - "PACK05" (and variations PACKO5, PACK5) doesn't work.  How is one meant to exchange their £5 balance for this pack?  You don't support your PAYG customers on Webchat (even via the crappy bot) - so I have to break my £5 balance to call up to get the lowest pack applied?  And will need to top-up another £5 to have enough balance after the call... Such a poor customer experience - you treat PAYG customers like rubbish.   Just a cynical drive to get folks onto an auto-recurring set-up.

g_s_something
Investigator
Investigator

XRaySpex - you keep saying this but when did you last try?  PACK05 does not work. And you don't offer free webchat support to PAYG - puts us in a poor position.  Please try PACK05 to 150 and then come back here and confirm it works (and explain why it doesn't for the rest of us).

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I suspect you are on old legacy packs for which 'PACK05' is not valid. What does texting ALL PACKS to 150 report fully?

What does your online MyEE say about your current Pack, allowances & credit? It'll be on the landing or My EE Mobile page.

Calls to CS from PAYG cost 25p per call, not min.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@g_s_something  Try texting ALL PACKS to 150 to see what availability it should also say how to choose that pack 

g_s_something
Investigator
Investigator

Chris - I tried this, it lists PACK05 as one of the current pack names.  Still no joy.

XRaySpeX - I tried this, it lists PACK05 as one of the current pack names.  Still no joy.

& what does your online MyEE say?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

XRaySpeX - I had to talk to CS in the end to get the pack applied - but only after having my balance decremented in the meantime, requiring me to top-up yet again.  I originally had the correct balance - checked online and via BALANCE/150.

My issue is that whatever you text into 150, it tells you to text in PACK05 for the £5 bundle, but it doesn't work.  It just needs someone to fix that. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

What happens when you text PACK05 to 150, @g_s_something?

Do you get anything back when you text ALL PACKS to 150?

Chris