Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a auto top up

Dcollett
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, 

Signed up to EE PAYG and picked a £10 pack. I set the auto top up for £10 for 3 days before the pack was due to renew thinking it would be taken from the balance BUT now find it just bills the card again and the auto top up amount is not used 

Now i cant find the page to cancel the £10 auto top up anywhere so any help?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Dcollett wrote:

Thanks!

The easiest way to cancel the auto top up, is to send a text to 150 with STOP REC 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Dcollett wrote:

Thanks!

The easiest way to cancel the auto top up, is to send a text to 150 with STOP REC 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Text STOP PACK to 150 & it'll stop buying the pack & stop the auto direct card payment.

@Fatboy71 : STOP REC is extinct!)

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@Fatboy71 : STOP REC is extinct!)

That's the first I've heard!

I thought STOP PACK was just to stop the current pack type renewing and or to allow the person to just go to a none pack method aka the old pay as you go whereby the money gets added to the account, and any calls, text are deducted from the money amount.

And I thought STOP REC was to stop any further attempts for the system to charge a payment method that is setup to pay for packs, and thus give the person the ability to choose an alternate payment method. 

@Fatboy71 : Auto payments used to be called "Recurring Payments" for which STOP REC was the stopper.

They have since been replaced by "Direct Card Payments" with a 10% discount.

See Setting Up Card Payments on Pay As You Go :

How to stop or cancel a card payment

• log in to ee.co.uk or the EE app to cancel your pack or remove the payment card
  • text STOP PACK to 150
  • call 150 from your EE phone and use our automated service

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks ill try it now!