cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do you have to claim a free boost?

Mag1922
Contributor
Contributor

I had a text message in September 2023 saying I could claim a free boost.

I've been topping up every month for many years and usually claim boosts straight away by repying to the text message from 150.

This time, I logged in to the desktop version of My EE and saw three slots to the right of the screen where it said something like boosts ready to claim.

It wasn't showing how many top-ups I'd made, it showed one boost available to claim and the second and third boxes were greyed out so I thought you could build up the free boosts up to a maximum of three and claim them later.  Seeing as I didn't need the extra data or calls I left it, thinking I'd claim two or three boosts in the future.

It's now November of 2023 and after having a text to say I can claim my boost after one more top-up, it seems I have lost the last boost. If I send "Boost data" to 150 it just says I have to wait until I've topped up once more.

I'm not too bothered about losing the boosts but this is the second time this has happened and I can't find any mention of you only having a certain length of time to claim them.

I'm on PAYG and top up every month to get a free boost every three months.

Is there a time limit to claim free boosts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mag1922 

You have 60 days from when you become eligible, to choose your Boost.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mag1922 

You have 60 days from when you become eligible, to choose your Boost.

Chris

Thanks, now I know!