cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free data boosts

SDBarlow
Investigator
Investigator

As a PAYG customer on a £1 weekly subscription I have built up 800mb of free boost data - 16 * 50mb. This week the boosts were applied at a rate of 10mb each and my data allowance showed as 160mb. 

Has the value of the data boosts been reduced?

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SDBarlow

Welcome to the community.

What does it say when you text BOOST to 150?

Chris

grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The whole data reporting system for PAYG SIMs is messed up at the moment. Numerous users are reporting that the My EE app and the online version are both reporting that they have zero allowance. I'm among them.

On one of my lines, texting BOOST to 150 gives me, "Great news. You will get an extra 42.4GB every time you buy a pack. You are also 2 more packs away from being able to add another boost. For more info go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee", which I think is a bit fanciful...

Hi Christopher

Texting BOOST gives the correct amounts...

Great news. You will get an extra 40 minutes and 800MB every time you buy a pack. You are also 10 more packs away from being able to add another boost. For more info go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee

Thanks @grsdev. My BOOST reply is the only thing that is correct! Texting AL tells me I only have 38mb until next Monday! 

I don't really want to turn my mobile data off when I leave the house, but I'm worried that my last top up will be eaten into when I hit 0mb.

Your pack won't renew just cuz it runs out of data, until the end of the 7 days.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks @XRaySpeX . You are right. That's my data all gone and it's not started eating away at my top-up balance. Just no data now until Monday now!

@Christopher_G any ideas why I only got 160mb of data this week, instead of the 800mb I normally get?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

I'm not sure why you would get less data, @SDBarlow.

The best way to find out would be to get in touch with our Customer Care team so they can check your account.

Jon

Buy your pack & then text NOW to 150 to start it immediately.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)