cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Sim No Longer Active

Sue2UK
Explorer

I used to travel to the UK and Europe from USA at least once, usually twice a year. In 2017, I purchased an EE SIM to use in an older iPhone I have, and used that phone every time I travelled. I haven't used it since March 2020, for obvious reasons, but wanted to see how much credit I had left in my account. My account seems to have been deactivated and the SIM no longer works. Does this mean that I've lost the money I had put into my account and also, can this number be reactivated when I fly to England this March?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, @Sue2UK , you've completely lost that SIM & any credit it had.

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then had a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

While you were visiting here twice a year you were just about keeping it alive.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, @Sue2UK , you've completely lost that SIM & any credit it had.

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then had a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

While you were visiting here twice a year you were just about keeping it alive.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you, @Xrayspecs, for your speedy response. I appreciate you confirming what I already suspected.  I will buy a new SIM when I'm in the UK this March.  

I have same problem, I have the photos and videos, for 2 years, in my whatsapp number wich now is deactivated!

Is there any chance to get my sim back from EE ? 

I lost all my photos and videos 😔

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

@Reboku : When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

Hi @XRaySpeX 

I used it 2 years ago last time. Then 1 years ago I tried to get back my WhatsApp but the sim doesn't work.

I didn't know about the limitation. I have a lot of videos and photos on my WhatsApp number, some really important, some memorable .

@Reboku : Like @Sue2UK , after such a long period of non-use you've completely lost that SIM & any credit it had.

@Reboku  You’ll have to contact what’s app about this they might be able to help. I’m pretty sure a lost number is a lost account.  

Thanks @XRaySpeX 

Is it possible to get new sim with same number from EE? 

Then I can get my number with new sim.

I mean the number is deactivated? or just the sim is deactivated?