cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad sim card

Madtraveler
Explorer

I purchased a we SIM card at Heathrow airport on April 6th and put it in my phone and was trying to use it for a couple days and it would not work. So I text  to the number provided and it said my SIM card  had used up all its data late December 2023. How do I file a complaint?  

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Madtraveler : Who'd you buy it from? How much did you pay for it? 

It sounds as if it were out-of-date stock.

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I got it out of a machine in the Heathrow Airport on April 6th and it cost $30 pounds
Thanks
William

Sent from my iPhone

@Madtraveler wrote:
I got it out of a machine in the Heathrow Airport on April 6th and it cost $30 pounds

Who was the machine operated by? Was it Heathrow Airport Limited, or an independent retailer? I would suspect the latter.

I concur that this does sound like old stock, and if so your complaint would lie with the retailer of the SIM.

I’m not sure it was just one of the machines in the airport. I can look at my credit card statement and provide the name it is under if that would help get me a refund?
Thanks
William

Sent from my iPhone

Checking your credit card statement would certainly give you an indication of who to complain to, yes.

There is no purpose in complaining to EE unless they specifically sold it to you, via one of their own retail shops or online.