cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple pay and other ways to top up

sich
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone. On my account page, in the Do More section, I see te following information, stating I can use Apple Pay and other ways to top up. But when I follow the "Visit page" link, the only payment method I can see is by card. Where are all these apple pays and paypals? Does anywone see these in their account? 

sich_0-1699269424458.png

13 REPLIES 13
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sich 

Welcome to the community.

If you go to Home > Plans & Subscriptions > Mobile > Top Up. do you get the option?

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G , no, I do not

Christopher_G

Could you post the link that the 'visit page' link goes to please, @sich?

Chris

@Christopher_G : I can confirm that on the 'Visit page' link it only offers you to enter a bank card no. (Visa, Mastercard or Maestro).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G

Hi @sich 

I've had a chat with the relevant team who look after the payments through the EE website. They have confirmed that you can only top up with a card at the moment. I've fed back the information that you posted on the screenshot and they're going to look to update it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Chris

Thank you, @Christopher_G ! I'd also add that the same situation is with Direct Debit payment approach described here: https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/payment-methods/how-do-i-pay-my-phone-bill#article-title-2 . When I follow these instructions I can't see specified links to setup direct debit.

Christopher_G

You can only set up a Direct Debit for a pay monthly contract, @sich. Is that what you're trying to do, or is this for your pay as you go account that you're trying to set up a monthly payment for?

Chris

I have a pay as you go account. But throughout the payment help I found no word about any limitations for certain payment approaches, like "these ones work only for contract custormers, and those ones work for everybody". In other words, there is lots of confusing information for me as a new EE user: some pages say I can pay using Apple Pay and Paypal, other say I can use direct debit, and while I'm looking for best approach for me to pay, I can't find any of these. I wish the help pages would be more...helpful 🙂