cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Blaze88
Visitor

how do i link my apple watch to my pay as you go account? Can this be done or do i need a contract? Every time i try on my watch or phone it just says failed 🤷‍♂️

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Blaze88  You can not have a cellular watch linked to a PAYG account.   The watch has to be linked to a contract sim in a iPhone so you can have a cellular data on the watch and that has its own contract.    

You can have a sim only contract for your  iPhone and you then can have a 30 day rolling contract for the Apple Watch you currently own.   That 30 day rolling contract is £7 per month and you get 10Gb of data just for the watch.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Blaze88 ,

Welcome to the community,

It should work so long as you make sure that you link it via bluetooth. If you want it to work without having your phone with you, you would first need to have a contract with your phone to then have the cellular to work on the watch, and both would have a contract, the watch would then have its own number for billing purposes. 

At least I believe I am right that you can link it using bluetooth, but @Chris_B will probably know the answer to that one.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Blaze88  You can not have a cellular watch linked to a PAYG account.   The watch has to be linked to a contract sim in a iPhone so you can have a cellular data on the watch and that has its own contract.    

You can have a sim only contract for your  iPhone and you then can have a 30 day rolling contract for the Apple Watch you currently own.   That 30 day rolling contract is £7 per month and you get 10Gb of data just for the watch.