cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 g on new phone.

antighsiothail1
Investigator
Investigator

My wife and I both have PAYG phones. Hers is a very basic Alcatel, hers show 4g connection. I have just bought a new phone a Samsung Galaxy A15. Mine doesn't show any option for 4g. Connections-mobile networks, shows LTE/3g/2g (auto connect), 3g/2g (auto connect), 3g only, 2g only. no 4g option at all. Any ideas where it might be? Got a new sim to fit this phone old phone didn't support 4g.

27 REPLIES 27
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @antighsiothail1 

Hope this is sorted soon for you 🙂

Leanne.

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

LTE/3g/2g (auto connect) is the correct one, ie this is 4G, 3G and 2G Auto.

Or as a temporary test you could try setting it to LTE Only.

There are secret Codes to access Network Band settings on Android but being a Samsung it will probably be locked out.

Is your Device a Dual SIM?, if so make sure your SIM Card is in the first SIM Slot labelled either 0 or 1.

Did you buy this Device from new in the UK/EU or is it from a previous User or from a different Country Region.

Yes it's a dual sim and yes it's in the first sim slot. Also purchased direct from Samsung U.K.

Ok, so within the Settings do you have the option to switch to LTE Only, if so try that and does it then display LTE or LTE+ or LTE A on the Signal Status.?

antighsiothail1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I don't have the option for LTE only. Now, if I switch off wifi, on the signal status I get the bars with a question mark. Thank you for your help, but I think I'm going to just get on with the phone as is. 

Don't give up now, go to the Play Store and download an App called Netmonster and run it, it will slow you a String of Info up at the top like in my Pic, feedback what yours is showing.

Example, mine is showing -

Voda 4G LTE A 2600+800+2100

Also what is your eNb and RSRP showing in the first top block of Info.

Switch OFF WiFi when your doing all this.

Screenshot_20240430_092836_cz.mroczis.netmonster.jpg

antighsiothail1
Investigator
Investigator

ok I'll give it try.

antighsiothail1
Investigator
Investigator

It shows --EE 2g edge 1800.

Only things below that are CID-ARFCN-LAC-RXL-BSIC- and TA. No eNB or RSRP

Ok, well that's not good news, your not going to be able to live with that. 

I assume this is with the Network Settings set to LTE/3G/2G Auto?, if so then the Sammy has either misconfigured itself or your have a fault with the phone, is it still under guarantee?.

On Netmonster there are three dots at the very bottom right, if you select this menu does it bring up "Phone Info" or you could try ringing *#*#4636#*#* on the Phones Dailer to get to Phone Info, but being a Samsung it's probably been Locked Out.

If you put your Sim in your Wife's Phone or another Device do you definitely get 4G or LTE Signal indication. 

@antighsiothail1 wrote:

As an update, swapped sims with my wife's and no difference

Let's be more specific about what "no difference" means.

Your SIM in a known working phone - what result?

A known working SIM in your phone - what result?