cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phones for older people

Marklucas02
Explorer

Hi all.My 90 year old uncle went into an ee shop last week to top up his phone. He was told he can't use his old phone anymore..They sold him an expensive smartphone thst he can't use or hear, a new contract and a new broadband contract..When I went back to ask for a refund as he doesn't need and can't use these things they said tough luck. Is it true that I need to get him a 4g handset for older people? If so any recommendations- he has poor eyesight and hearing and dementia so he needs something clear and simple but only for emergency calls and for us to be able to call him - he doesn't need data.

Am shocked by how poorly ee have behaved but also grateful for any advice. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Marklucas02   Go back to the store and ask for the manger it’s a disgrace that these were sold to him in this manner.  
   3G is being switched off but there are few devices that use 4G that are not really smart phones and store staff should be advising what’s available    There are devices like THIS ONE that EE sell on PAYG. 

Have a read of THIS and make a complaint about this as this just wrong that some store staff think it’s acceptable to sell in this manner.   The store staff that do this should be reprimanded for taking advantage of people who sorry to say this don’t know any better and are taking advice from store staff who they should be trusting to give them the advice they need.       I hope you get the response and help you need to sort this. 

Thanks Chris- yes is really sad that they can treat people in this way. Thanks for tue comment and advice.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @Marklucas02 

I'm really sorry to hear of your uncle's experience. I definitely recommend following @Chris_B's advice and raise a complaint so that we can look into this.

Chris