cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty scam

Stickpilgrim
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, is it usual to claim the scratches in paint work is the reason for a phone being unresponsive? It seems to me the general wear and tear is enough to void a warranty then what is the point? This is the 2nd issue I have had with my phone, I've received appalling advice on the phone and in store,  with one agent telling me that the cost of repair is extortionate.  Is extortion the official policy of EE, because it seems to be. They haven't been able to assess what is wrong so question how they have come to the absurd repair quote when they don't know what works needs to happen 

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stickpilgrim 

I'm sorry to hear there is a problem with your phone.

It could be best in this case to pop into your nearest EE Store, so they can take a look at the device and give you some options on getting it repaired.

Chris

Hi Chris,  I feel like you didn't quite read my message, or you may have missed the bit where I went into store and they said that if they repair it, the bill will be extortionate. The store already have my phone and they sent it to a repair centre who have tried to give me an extortionate bill without actually exploring if it's a manufacturer fault.

I have insurance so I can claim on that and not pay the ridiculous bill, but they haven't actually identified the problem yet, just assumed it's not a manufacturers fault, and I'm currently in a game of pass the buck with you which I find frustrating. 

I have a complaint in process, not just about the repair, about the whole process ane misinformation,  or different informationi receiv at every turn.

, I was just curious to see if anyone else had any similar experiences. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Sorry, @Stickpilgrim, I did miss that bit where you said it was in-store. I understand why this would be frustrating for you. Since you've raised a complaint, it should be investigated and hopefully there's a resolution for you. Please keep us updated on what happens.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'm not hopeful, but glad I have insurance if EE choose not to honour the warranty. Still shocked by the service i received along the way but that's not your issue!

Have a good day.