cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase online

Kelvo88
Investigator
Investigator

I want to ourchas3 the Nreal Air AR glasses, and the only provider in the UK is EE. I do not want a monthly plan for repayment, but simply want to purchase them in a single transaction.

However, to proveed with the purchase it states i must log in. I have had to create an EE account (but I am not an EE phone customer) and that is where I am stuck. To complete the account i MUST link my EE device.... well I dont have one. I just want to buy something from the store.

Any advice, hints or tips for this? I keep checking but couldnt find a solution

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Kelvo88 ,

Welcome to the community,

You cannot purchase them just like that, as you will need to be an EE customer. You could try and go to an EE store and see if you are able to buy them outright, but not sure if that is possible, otherwise ring customer service, and see what they have to say.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi thanks for your response. I have been in store and they say its an online only purchase - and that i do not need to be an EE customer to buy them outright.

I appreciate the businness of adding such a thing to an existing contract, but if it I am being told I can buy outright in a single payment i dont understand why that is not the case

@Kelvo88 , then try logging out and see if you can pay it that way, otherwise you will have to ring customer service and see if they can do this for you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi @Kelvo88 

It does say on the sales page: 

If you’re currently not an EE customer, you can still purchase the Nreal Air AR Glasses through one of our retail stores.Find you nearest store.

https://shop.ee.co.uk/accessories/pay-now/atp-nreal-air-smart-glasses/details

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for this. After 5 different dicussions with various staff (in store and via customer service) - it finally seems like there is a way.

I had to contact a central london store where they stock them (stores in my city dont stock them), and ask them to inform me when a new stock comes in. I then have to go and buy it. No online store, no delivery and no pre-order of any kind.

Just have to try my luck, with money in hand. Super baffling but this may be a solution for anyone else trying to get these glasses.

Cheers for responding

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for sharing and coming back and letting us know @Kelvo88

Leanne.