cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI stopped working

LJM01
Investigator
Investigator

My LG phone I have had for 6 years has now come up with System UI stopped working I can not turn off to re-set

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LJM01 

Thanks for coming here. 

Which model LG do you have? 

Can you access any of the menus? 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T

Hi @LJM01 

Thanks for coming here. 

Which model LG do you have? 

Can you access any of the menus? 

Leanne.

I have a LG 2017 and my colleague had to remove the battery and re-insert to get the phone to do anything as would not switch off

Leanne_T

Thanks @LJM01 

Is the message still showing after removing the battery? 

Leanne.

The message no longer showing for now but not convinced it has worked as I have been having issues with the phone for a while the only reason it's not been changed as unable to buy a new phone

Leanne_T

I see @LJM01 

Have you tried backing up your data and factory resetting the phone to see if this helps? 

This would remove all data that you have stored. 

Leanne.

If I did a factory re-set I would loose an app needed for my work and I d not have access to back any data up

Leanne_T

Hi @LJM01 

Anything on the phone would be removed including apps, this would reset the phone to the factory settings. 

You would need to create a back up of all your data and redownload apps. 

Leanne.

Thank you for not helping

Leanne_T

Hi @LJM01 

Trying the factory reset would help us to know if this would resolve the problem for you, once the phone was reset you can redownload any apps for work and transfer all your data back. 

If this is not possible, if you give us a call on 150 the team will certainly see what options are available for you. 

Leanne.