Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids X5 Play

K4ty
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar issue to us and also to perhaps warn other parents.

I bought my son the X5 Play watch a couple of weeks ago. His sister is very ill in hospital and also myself and his Dad have separated so it's an incredible concept for him even at 5yrs old.

However within a few days he fell at school (with a thick winter coat on and the watch has a screen protector) and the screen broke around the edge. It was still usable but has continued to crack and I now feel it's unsafe. I'm so disappointed as it is advertised as very strong and up to being worn by kids. I spoke to EE and they were less than helpful. I wasn't made aware of the need to extend the warranty until after the fact. And Xplora have been less than helpful too. Has anyone else had this issue? If not, and you're considering one of these watches it may be worth reconsidering. I'm now stuck with a contract and no watch for my son.. ☹️  

9 REPLIES 9
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @K4ty.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope he's ok.

Have you tried getting it repaired? You can send it through one of our EE stores. I know this option will cost to repair it, but it may be worth it if you feel it's currently unsafe.

I understand this option may have been mentioned already.

Jon

Thank you. I wasn't advised this was possible. I've just tried to book a repair online but it doesn't recognise the model no. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @K4ty.

Is it asking you for an IMEI number or model number?

If you're still unable to do this, our store might be able to help you send it off.

Jon

It won't work online. 

Also, I've discovered why I didn't get cover. It didn't give me the option.. Photo attached.

Such a disappointment. There doesn't seem to be a solution to my situation either with EE or Xplora 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @K4ty

I can't see the photo that you mentioned. Have you tried popping into one of our stores for them to look at it and check for repair options?

Chris

Screenshot_20221011-230517.png

Christopher_G

I would recommend speaking to our customer service team about your options, @K4ty.

Although I can see from your screenshot that agreed to go ahead with the contract without insurance cover accepting that, in these circumstances you would still be required to carry on with the contract.

Chris

Thank you. However, it doesn't allow you to chose an option for cover on this page. I tried to go through the process again last night and confirms this (which is where the screenshot came from). 

I've spoke to your customer service who were less than helpful and didn't give me the option to get it repaired. Xplora themselves say they don't get repaired as it's cheaper to replace them. 

Christopher_G

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you, @K4ty.

Could you have a look and get back to me please?

Thanks

Chris