cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Unlock - Website re-routes in a circle

WolfmanSam
Investigator
Investigator

How do you make the website work with device unlocking? My device is locked and I have tried about 10 times to get it to unlock via the Web page and it says to note down the code. Once received, it tells me to click on the link but just puts me back to the start and no where does it say what to do with the code?

Is this an error on EE's side of things or am I missing something obvious? As far as I can tell, it's still locked.

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@WolfmanSam : When did you buy the device? All devices sold after Dec. '21 are already unlocked.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
WolfmanSam
Investigator
Investigator

I've had the device since 2018/2019, I have been on a SIM card only plan for a few years now.

I've to Canada to visit family and bought a SIM card and noticed it was locked. I've entered the code when trying to restart my phone a few times and now it's locked out completely requiring the MCK. Clearly this system is flawed and doesn't work as intended.

WolfmanSam
Investigator
Investigator

So having read other websites and threads, EE makes this process EXTREMELY unclear.

I entered the last 8 digits of the code as the "MCK" and then the first 8 codes after in the next unlock message which unlocked the network.

There should be a clear step-by-step guide provided by EE for unlocking as this has caused unnecessary stress.

Can you be more specific please WolfmanSam. I have the same issue. What did you have to do to the enter the code?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chris499 

Do you have the unlocking code? 

Leanne. 

Yes. I've worked out what i need to do now by looking on you tube. EE's does not show any reference to the handset portion of the phone unlock. With their links going round in a ifinite loop. Shocking!

Leanne_T

Thanks @Chris499 

If you need any further help please come back and let us know. 

Leanne. 

Shhhhpuppies
Visitor

Thanks for writing this message. I'm having the exact same issue! Help please.

How come there isn't a reply to this? 

Christopher_G

Hi @Shhhhpuppies 

Welcome to the community.

What kind of phone do you have? Are you able to get the code, just unable to enter it?

Chris