Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Watch Needs Its Own Tariff?

DannyCliffe
Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys,

Treat myself to the Watch 4, 4G yesterday and now reading up it seems I will need to purchase an extra pack to be able to use the 4G?

I was lead to believe it would just use the data from my phone contract with EE but doing some further reading I will also need to purchase a monthly plan for the watch alone?

Can anyone confirm this please?

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DannyCliffe.

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Which watch did you get? Did you buy it from EE directly on contract? 

If you purchased the watch from elsewhere, you would need a standalone watch plan to use the 4G aspect. This would allow you to use your watch when out of range of Bluetooth using 4G.

You can still pair your watch to the phone without the 4G plan, but it would only work within range of Bluetooth.

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DannyCliffe   The watch will only use your call/text allowance from your phone contract the watch needs a data connection for this to work while it doesn’t use that data for calls/texts it does need it so it can send receive data as the watch does have apps that use data.    You’ll get 10Gb of data for the watch per month. 

Thank you both, very helpful!

Would you have the link to find this at all? I cant seem to find it on the website and when searching it only brings up the "community" posts regarding it.

I bought the watch through Samsung direct, not through EE. It works out quite a bit cheaper buying the watch direct, even with the extra add on needed!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DannyCliffe,

You can find out more about setting up your data plan in How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G?

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

All done and purchased.

Not sure if it's of any use to you but at no stage was a cost mentioned when doing this.

All I was able to do was agree the terms and "buy" which is rather vague.

Hoping it's no more expensive than the £7 I've read about?