cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well that’s over an hour of my life I’ve wasted!

Mike122
Investigator
Investigator

Ive just spent over an hour trying to get a decent deal for an upgrade to a iphone15 pro.

Ive been with EE since its start way back when it was called Hutchinson telecom. Ive had a 20% discount perk added to me contract for at least 3 years now, as well as other inclusive add ins, for my loyalty to this company.

Ive been talking to a guy called Mark B, and he has offered me basically the same deal as what’s on the EE website, with no concession whatsoever. 

I told him i wanted to speak to someone who can authorise this sort of thing, or just give me the cancellation instructions.

shock horror, he’s now completely ignored me.

You call this customer service!!.. this is how you treat your long term customers?.

absolutely shocking, so now i am upscaling this to a complaint.

7 REPLIES 7
james_ryder1
Contributor
Contributor

I had very similar on the chat as well, kept trying to sell me a watch and a contract for over £100pm so rang then got a better deal 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Mike122

I am sorry to hear the team have not been able to find a suitable deal. 

Was the offer provided including your perk discount?

Did the agent get back to you?

Katie

Nope, nothing!… I originally asked if I could keep everything that I have currently, only for him to come back with exactly the deal that’s on your website!. Considering I’ve been with EE since they started as Hutchinson telecom, you’d think he’d at least try to make an effort.

to be honest, what’s the point in staying liyal to EE?. Give me one good reason not to cancel!.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Mike122

Was the Perk discount provided as a loyalty or is it something you are eligible for through a company you may work for?

Katie

It was for loyalty 

James_B

Hi @Mike122,

Sorry, any discount offered on your previous plan can't always be carried into your next contract.

James

That there, is exactly why I am leaving EE!.