cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-In

chadden2001
Explorer

Hi, I was offered a trade in to upgrade my phone, which I've taken - I've received the return pack and keep getting messages to say to return my phone by the 21st (the email 5 days ago actually said 20th, the text today says 21st), but I haven't actually received my upgrade yet, I can't even view tracking info yet (it comes up with Sorry, we can't show your order details right now. when I check).

When I did it, I had to phone in for some reason, and the guy said the phone itself wasn't in stock or something along those lines so they estimated that it would be 7 days before shipping, but I'd have 14 days after I receive the new phone to return the old one. I know I've still got time, but obviously, I am a little concerned because they keep giving me a date. And the current date is only 10 days away. 

I don't have £300 to pay if I don't get this phone in time (the old phone will literally be posted the same day I get the new one), so I am a little concerned. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @chadden2001,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving these automated emails before you've received your upgrade.

I can confirm the return timescales won't start until you have received your phone.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
James_B

Hi @chadden2001,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving these automated emails before you've received your upgrade.

I can confirm the return timescales won't start until you have received your phone.

Hope this helps.

James

MICHAELCLAPPER
Explorer

Hi - I sent back the last phone (via special delivery) one week ago, but today I got a  reminder to send it back - implying that you have not yet recieved it?! You should have had it last week - how can I check if it has been recieved safely?

James_B

Hi @MICHAELCLAPPER,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did you send it recorded delivery?

James

yes - as recommended (by EE)  it was sent Special Delivery (£7.35 charge) - using the tracking number I can see the Post Office received it, but cannot see that it has been delivered.

James_B

Hi @MICHAELCLAPPER,

Please contact the postal service if your parcel isn't showing as delivered.

Thanks

James

Iulianamaria
Visitor

IMG_4881.png

Hello - you’re saying you’ll send a return Pack but have not sent anything and you’re now threatening with this? Please do the necessary to ensure that you send that out so I can send you the trade in phone!

Thanks

Katie_B

Good morning @Iulianamaria

I am sorry to hear you have not yet received your returns pack. 

Please give our customer care team a call on 150 so they can chase this for you. 

I would also recommend checking we have the correct address for you. 

Katie

Hi James

I am in the same boat, however you say it doesn't start untill you have received your device, but the emails are quite threatening l. I am being told I will have to pay for my trade vaule.

Regards

Rachael 

Katie_B

Hi @Rachael1125

Welcome to the community. 

I understand how worrying this must be, please be assured you are not required to send your old device back till you have received your new device. 

If you wish, you can always give our customer care team a call on 150 who can make note of this on your account. 

Katie