cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Proof of ID - names

NaomiPonponne
Investigator
Investigator

Does anyone have the actual pdf of the proof of ID and security protocols for EE.

My matter concerns the EE Westfield Shepherds Bush, London W12 store being told that the assistant store manager Batoul xxxxxxxxx sold me an iphone knowing that there was no 20% discount

It is neither on the receipt or the contracts, now i see perhaps it may be why she did not give me a copy of my contract after purchase, i had to come back the next day and have one printed off and given to me.

now if EE are making a practice of feeding misinformation to get customer sale, then that is very concerning and i am flagging this up to both EE and the Financial Ombudsman.

It is the fact that i am not only permitted to get a refund having returned my phone the very next day, but also where Ms Batoul xxxxxxxxx denies knowing the reason for requesting a new phone and the security issues surrounding the sim card; as there was a security issue with my sim; and I had no proof of photographic ID on me at the time, neither could i as i explained the situation to her.

At the back of the receipt there are terms &  conditions written in small print.

customers should be advised that the only way you can return a phone is if there is no coverage or the phone coverage is not as expected.

It is clear that Ms Batoul xxxxxxxxx knew this would be an issue as i could neither collect my new sim or activate it in the newly bought Iphone so as to determine the issue of coverage. she was asked this for this very purpose, Yet, it appears to me that the sale is completed and she could then wash her hands of it.

Therefore, in the issue of discretion, in my view she could have applied it here; it was proper to do so, but she chose otherwise.

was seen again 14 Feb to provide the reasons as to why the phone could not be refunded,

at her discretion , she denies that she could use her discretion on this.

Yet EE have just stated that it is down to the store to use it's discretion.

Shouldn't the 20% discount also be applied to the receipt and be made transparent?

Worrying use of tactics. Now that the phone has been bought, is it just a change of mind or is it actually a contract that should be rendered null and void owing to the manner it was sold under and shouldn't EE exercise due dilligence in the applying verbal terms to a transaction which may color the sale. Are  these not just as important ? Food for thought perhaps!

[Mod edit: Removed employee's surname.]

14 REPLIES 14
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

It's kinda of hard to actually understand what you are saying as you start off by saying ID then about a discount.

Did you provide a discount code? Or do you just think you deserve a discount regardless.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@NaomiPonponne  Last time I checked discounts can only be applied online and not via store sales. 

Thanks, is there a way of attachig a video clip on here? the insert/edit link facility doesn't appear to facilitate this, then i can show you what i mean, which is crystal clear,

this discout was applied in store according to ass't store manager.

sorry you find it hard.

No, was never provided with a discount code,

if you are purchasing a service/item and you are told that you will be given a 20% discount applied to the sale, wouldn't that make you feel that you got a good deal whn in fact you haven't?

when asked to refund or apply the 'alleged' discount to a better phone she said she could not do this, once used the discount has been used.

Nothing as far as i can see is used, if so how, what discount ? where? did it dissappear into thin air? What discount code, im asking these questions too just like you

What was your agreed monthly payments for this phone?

What has your bill come to? What does your MyEE state?

@NaomiPonponne  

If you have a discount it will show on your account under add ons.     Still what has that got to do with ID ? 

@Chris_B wrote:

@NaomiPonponne  

If you have a discount it will show on your account under add ons.     Still what has that got to do with ID ? 

My guess is because he/she never had ID and the upgrade was still done they are trying to get out of the contract with this technicality

dont measure people by your own yardstick!

As you say its your guess!

Hi

Not sure this conversation is going anywhere- it’s difficult for those of us not involved in the discussion in the shop to pass comment on why the sales assistant did what they did. Only someone directly from EE would be able to answer looking at your account. I suggest contacting EE directly over the phone. 

I think people are doubly confused as this is a thread about ID & we don’t understand the connection between your issue & ID. 

thanks.