cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offcom deadlock letter

YeurbJg
Explorer

Having a complete nightmare with EE. Sales person in retention  lied about contract on my phone and watch. Spent hours on the phone and told it has been rectified time and time again when if hasn’t. Any complaint opened gets closed without even speaking to me. Expected a call from “Gerard” a manger at 5 this evening that didn’t happen. 
New phone not delivered-lost in transit with DPD. Again EE not interested. 
Apart from tonight contacting Offcom and BBC RIP off Britain what else can I do?? 
Need a deadlock letter 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ofcom do not handle individual complaints.

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks or deadlock letter beforehand you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yep! Opened multiple formal complaints and they all have been closed without situation being sorted. 
numerous members of EE’s own staff recommend I escalate if beyond EE.

No phone-possible stolen by DPD and not the contract I was sold for my phone or watch! Totally gas lighted by your sales rep in retention 

Looking online it appears I am not alone in being scammed by EE.

Then escalate it to ADR.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You will either need to obtain a deadlock letter from EE, or wait the required 8weeks (from the date of your first recorded complaint) and escalate to ADR as unresolved.

The Ombudsman Service tends to be quite strict with this, and (for the most part) rightly so.

Aaron-northants
Visitor

Lied to from ee since day 1 about very poor Internet service every time I've complained been lied to and told.im receiving something I'm not wether that's vi's ethernet or wifi I'm now outside My cooling off period as they were full of false promises I've had lies from engineers billing technical and official complaints that have come back as resolved when they haven't in the slightest been resolved

Now it's time for the ombudsman.