cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Photographic ID

IslandMonkey92
Investigator
Investigator

I went to local EE store today to sort out a new contract phone.

sat with the guy for over an hour as was sorting out our broadband at the same time due to issues with that, got through all the credit check and security checks all set for a new contract and then got told he couldn’t actually put the order through due to me having no photographic identification. 

My passport is expired (which I didn’t realise) and I don’t drive so have not got a provisional licence. 

my current mobile doesn’t work correctly hence the reason for a new contract however I’m now stuck. 

I have 2 young children, and due to disabilities I need a working phone as my time is very much split between home life and constant hospital appointments/trips and all because of photographic ID I won’t be able to get one. 

is there anything else that EE can accept as ID as I’ve already passed the credit checks etc for the phone. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It was an iPhone 15 pro max. I spoke to ee in store and was advised to phone them up to speak to someone as we were switching our broadband to ee from bt anyway.

they’ve managed to process my order and sort our broadband out and I have a pin to give to the DPD delivery driver either today or tomorrow. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @IslandMonkey92 

How did they run a credit check without photo id. Did you have a utility bill with you. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

No, all I had as any kind of ID was my bank card. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @IslandMonkey92

Thanks for coming here. 

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. 

Could you please confirm what device you are interested in?

Katie

It was an iPhone 15 pro max. I spoke to ee in store and was advised to phone them up to speak to someone as we were switching our broadband to ee from bt anyway.

they’ve managed to process my order and sort our broadband out and I have a pin to give to the DPD delivery driver either today or tomorrow. 

Katie_B

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @IslandMonkey92

Katie 🙂

Did just having the pin work my mum is currently in the same situation 🙃 

Leanne_T

Hi @Kim260811 

Thanks for coming here. 

Does your Mum have the PIN from DPD for the delivery? 

What device has your Mum ordered? 

Leanne. 

Not yet as it's due for delivery tomorrow so I assume she will get it tomorrow