cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID not accepted

Juliet10
Contributor
Contributor

upgraded my phone. They won’t take my Biometric ID as my proof of ID. My provisional licence expired on the 11/12/22. That’s the only ID I have. I asked to store manage what I should do then. They said they can’t do anything the contract had started but haven’t received my new phone. 

it’s not fair. They told they can’t do anything. When I called customer it sounded as thou I was the problem not cooperating. I can’t pay for an upgrade I can’t have. 

11 REPLIES 11
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Juliet10

Welcome to the community.

The store would need a valid UK driving license or passport as proof. Have they said if the upgrade would be cancelled and reversed?

Chris

They said they couldn’t  do anything cause the contract started but it’s on my old phone.  
so if you don’t have a passport or licence you can’t get a phone?
That’s not fair really. If the biometric is considered as an ID in the UK. Why can’t you use I use it.  I am going to cancel it in store. Will switch to a different service who accepted my biometric card before I started using EE. 

thank you for your advice. 

Christopher_G

Did you take out your upgrade in store, or did you do it online/over the phone to be delivered to the store, @Juliet10?

Chris

I ordered it store. Mk. 

surprisingly if you check on your system I upgraded my son’s iPad. I got it two days after when I ordered online. But I can’t get my phone upgrade in store. That is inconsistent. 

Christopher_G

We don't have access to those systems here in the community, @Juliet10.

I would definitely recommend going back into the store to discuss this further and find a solution or cancellation.

Chris

Thanks very much. You need to upgrade you system not everyone drives or has a passport. 
passports are used to travel & this is pure discrimination. 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I think it's perfectly reasonable for EE to want to see valid government issued ID or what's to stop someone who knows your details going in and taking out a contract in your name?

The best advice though is never purchase in an EE store. You lose your right to cancel though in this case EE can't verify your ID, so they should cancel it as they know the goods haven't been handed over. Go back, complain loudly in store. Commission based sales people don't like to cancel orders.

Thank you so much for your advice. 

Juliet10
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take to reserve an order? As I explained before ID not accepted. I cancelled it in the store. The system is still showing my phone was upgraded. As I said before I will not pay for a device I don’t have. It’s in the shop. 

I am not happy with the customer service I got from the assistant manager.