cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why an order I've placed is going through security checks?

Jajajared
Investigator
Investigator

8 REPLIES 8
Jajajared
Investigator
Investigator

Sorry phone froze, but basically I placed an order for Lenovo Legion Go and paid via PayPal in 3. I've not got a contract or anything with EE just saw it was the only place shipping soon so I decided to buy the device and pay in 3 month instalments. Now I've seen the update to say it's doing security checks I did place it around 6/7pm today. I won't be here after Monday 27th as I'm going away for a few weeks so I don't want my order to get processed slow and only placed the order because it said it would be delivered by the 24th/25th. I've never bought anything from EE so don't know what the security checks are for. Anyone know why that is?

As far as I know you can't order an accessory like that unless you already have a mobile phone or SIM contract from EE. You are expected to pay for it along with your existing EE mobile plan. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Well it gave me the option of paying in full or in PAYPAL pay in 3. I don't think you need a contract as others have purchased without a contract 

You know that for a fact?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Some have said they've not go a contract. But then I wonder why the order would get placed if I needed a contract surely they'd have asked for an account number or phone number linked to an account? I simply went to Google typed in Lenovo Legion Go, saw the EE store clicked it proceed with the purchase, accepted the terms of PayPal pay in 3, followed the instructions and received an email for an order placed. So I don't get why EE would allow someone who's not got a contract to proceed with an order and even have the funds on hold to be authorised when the order is processed. Right now the website says security checks so maybe that's them trying to stop non contract holders? But usually I'm sure they ask for a number how Vodafone and O2 do 

You're right! Anybody can order. It asked me to login or register. I logged with MyEE creds, it refused them & so I registered as a new user. Therefore it is not the usual EE online Shop.

Then I noticed at the bottom "The EE Store is separate from ee.co.uk and is operated by BT plc.". It must be an offshoot of the EE High St. Stores.

Mate, you had me panicking and all sorts! I stayed composed... kinda LOL. I still don't know what it means by security checks is that a normal thing for the site to do before processing? I'm used to placing an order and it being processed and then despatched however on EE I've noticed it has to do a security check, process and then despatched. I shall give you your kudos and thumbs up regardless though because you took time to reply 

This is 1st time of heard of that site, not being the usual EE Shop site. I suppose it must do further security checks over & above the usual as it's dealing with the general public rather than existing contract holders known already to EE.