cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different phone to what i ordered

Frenchie7
Investigator
Investigator

I placed an order on line for an iphone , arrived this evening only to find its the wrong model, wrong colour, wrong storage.  Delivered by dpd,  address was correct, order details paper work correct as to what I ordered. But the box with the phone was wrong,  the actual phone looks used,  has this happened to anyone else.  Ive just filled out the channel return form online and awaiting a response. But somewhere in EE warehouse there must be my phone with the imei code thats on the paper work.  Its quite worrying really 

7 REPLIES 7
Dwilliams2
Visitor

I have just had the same problem! Ordered my phone on Sunday evening. Received today, opened it and its  a used phone. Completely different to what it says on the box and not even the phone i ordered! The seal on the box was open.  my contact details and order form inside were correct. So either someone has a nice shiny new phone courtesy of me or ee have made a massive mess up! I have also filled in a complaints form online and will be calling tomorrow! Absolutely shocking service and i am less than happy 

Hi, it makes you wonder whats going on, it seems its either a genuine mistake or its been switched after the picking process or delivery, but the phone I received looks like a shop display dummy type,  seal on box broken also.  I'll fill in  a complaints form tomorrow. I'm worried sick, it can easily look like I've swapped it. The other problem is my current mobile service ends tomorrow with my number being ported over from bt to ee. So I could be without service until this is resolved 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Frenchie7 and @Dwilliams2

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

If you wish for a response quicker our customer care team will be happy to look into this further. 

Please give them a call during their opening hours 8am till 9pm today. 

The team can be contacted by calling 150 from a EE handset or 07953 966 250 from any landline or provider. 

Katie

Hi, I did call them yesterday and I was directed to channel returns. But there's something drastically wrong somewhere in the supply line from where the phone is packaged in dispatch to delivery.  It puts the EE customer on the spot too. Thanks for your reply 
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I am sorry to hear this has happened and appreciate you coming back to let us know @Frenchie7 

I hope this is all sorted soon for you. 

Leanne.

Hi Dwilliams2. Just out of interest where, broadly speaking in Britain do you live,  I'm in North Cornwall, Devon boarder,  I'm just wondering if there's a common link with the delivery service.  🤔 thanks 

I hope so as my Contract and mobile service from BT. Has stopped and the EE phone I was expecting to be up and running isn't,  and looking at the process of things it will be for some time.