cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a paired watch plan - confusion at checkout.

northernrogue
Explorer

I'm looking at buying a smartwatch on a paired plan. At checkout it asks "Do you want to keep your number?", followed with "Yes I do" or " No thanks". I already have  SIM only plan, so I assumed that the watch will use the same number, so I'm not sure why it's asking me for this. If I choose "No" then I'm concerned I'll be given a new number for the watch which I don't want, but when I click on "Yes" it sends me a PAC code and the message says this would cancel my SIM only contract. I obviously don't want that either.

So, basically I want to keep my SIM only plan which is around £23 p/m and take out a paired plan along side that using the same number that costs £18 p/m. Could someone explain which option to choose on the checkout page?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@northernrogue   You need to click no.  It’s assuming you want to move a number from a different network over to EE if you click yes.  

You’ll get a number for the watch for data for billing purposes but it’s linked at account level so when your phone rings so does your watch. 

It’s very poorly worded and a bit confusing.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@northernrogue   You need to click no.  It’s assuming you want to move a number from a different network over to EE if you click yes.  

You’ll get a number for the watch for data for billing purposes but it’s linked at account level so when your phone rings so does your watch. 

It’s very poorly worded and a bit confusing.  

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.