cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

family plan activation

john_el
Investigator
Investigator

hello, I've added an additional plan on my ee sim and wanted to know exactly how i can activate the family plan option. Please help

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @john_el 

Welcome to the community.

Are you talking about gifting data to each other?

How do I gift my data and set controls? | Help | EE

Chris

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

An additional line on the same a/c makes it a Family A/c by definition.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you Chris. 

Yes please. I want to add my brother to a family plan however I was informed on the EE website to add a plan to my existing one before I could have the family plan option. I have done so but don’t know how to exactly set up the family plan and accounts to it. 

Christopher_G

To be able to gift data, it has to be a pay monthly plan (excluding No Frills plans), @john_el 

You should automatically be able to gift data following the instructions on the page I posted.

Chris

FareedPatel
Explorer

how do you add someone onto a family plan? im paying for someone else's sim only plan but i don't think its been added to my account. 

Katie_B

Hello @FareedPatel

Are you looking to have all lines under your name under one billing account?

Katie

Katie

My son has his own number (pay monthly). I have my own number (pay monthly) and my wife as a PAYG number. Can we bring all of these into a family plan and how do you do it?

Katie_B

Hello @kchadda

All numbers will need to be under the same pay monthly billing account. 

If your son has his own number under his own name and you wish to add it to your account this would require a change of ownership. 

Regarding your wife's pay as you go number this would also need a transfer of ownership and moved to a pay monthly contract. 

Should you wish to go ahead with this our customer care team on 150 will be happy to help. 

Katie