cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So does it really matter how long your with the same company?

Laura60
Investigator
Investigator

So ive been with ee since it first took over from orange. So many years now. Ive just phoned up to see if i can have a upgrade (which i can)... im not looking at getting the newest phone out at the minute so would be one of the Samsung A ones.... the prices are  Absolutely ridiculous.... i also have my daughters phone aswell as mind so i already pay enough but if i want the s23/s24 or even a A phone im looking at 100 each month. So does it really matter how long u are with a phone company anymore? 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Laura60  I’ve just had a quick Look and I can see the s24 at £30 upfront with a device tariff over 36 months for £28.34 and an air time tariff at £12.50 for 6 months then £25 for the remaining months.   Where are you getting £100 a month from ? 

IMG_2065.png

That includes mind and my daughters phones together. What i am asking is does it really matter how long you r with a company nowdays as they dont really help you with cost ect. It works out as 46pound for s24 and 48pound with s23. Plus also having my daughters contact it works out as 100 roughly a month. It is absolutely ridiculous prices.  Especially when you have been with them since the day they took over. There is nothing they will do. (I have already spoken to them)

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Laura60 

Devices are not as cheap as they used to be and with the additional services EE offer then they do tend to be on the more expensive side. You can reduce costs by going sim only and buying the device separately. 

Generally (as with many services not just mobile carriers) long time customers are more of a drain than a benefit as they tend to stick to older cheaper older services that need to be maintained/ are covered by old T&C. Then when they do change the costs are more expensive becase of the increased prices which comes as a shock compared to their older service.

I would recommend speaking with EE CS on 150 and seeing what deals you can get as they can look at your account. Speaking with somone can be better than the online portals. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.