cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratched screen as screen protector out of stock

Jules0891
Visitor

I’m so angry. In November I took out two contracts on to iPhone 13. With the phones I took out insurance and took advantage of the Apple care bundle offer. This Offer included a free case and screen protector. After a couple of weeks I had to ring EE to find out where the cases and protectors were they told me that they were out of stock and would let me know when they were back in stock. I had to ring them on four separate occasions and each time they said they will get back to me. I did not want to buy a new case or protector as I thought what is the point if I’m getting one for free it would be a waste of my money so for four months my phone has not had any protection.

Because of this I have now got two scratches on the front of my phone . I spoke to EE about this and they said that I would be able to receive another phone in its place. If I’m paying for a brand-new phone I expect it to be in a brand-new condition and it is not my fault that the screen is scratched because they did not cover their part  of the bargain to protect my screen. The protectors are now back in stock but they have now said they will not be re-placing my screen or letting me have a new phone as it’s not part of the insurance. I think this is a terrible service as the screen would not be scratched if it wasn’t for  the reason of not having a screen protector because they were out of stock. Anyone else had a similar problem????

2 REPLIES 2
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

I'm sorry but the scratches are your fault. You have the phone not EE. They were scratched in your possession. 

EE are not obliged to replace the phone or replace the screen if the screen gets scratched before you get a protector.

EE never told you that you are not getting the screen protector so they haven't failed to provide what they state. They can't physically send something out to you if they don't have it in stock.

EE doesn't manufacturer the screen protectors either so they would have been relying on Apple.

I'm sorry if you feel that this is EEs fault but it really isn't and you should be taking more care of a £1000+ phone.

I have a Fold2 cost me £1700. Not a single scratch on it. Never been in a case until the other day. I have had it for almost a year outside the case. It's all about keeping care of your items.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Jules0891 , You can easily obtain a screen protector from EBay or Amazon, they are very reasonable, do not cost a lot of money, that is what I do. Not sure how you managed to scratch your screen, and not sure why you expect EE customer service to replace your screen for free. If EE do not have them in stock, then they cannot supply them and for a couple of pounds you could have bought one elsewhere if you were that worried.

Just to let you know if you send your phone in for repair, then the screen protector is removed and you would have to buy a new one, by the way.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.