Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Cape Verde Boa Vista bought add on 120 minutes talk to uk no service

Cokse
Investigator
Investigator

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Cokse  it’s says your set to roaming in Europe as stated that doesn’t include Cape Verde.    

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.

Yeah activated 48 hours prior to leaving followed all procedure turned phone on and off selected networks manually etc 

@Cokse wrote:

followed all procedure

Did you follow the procedure to text ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK? As per question in my previous post.

Yes 

Cokse_0-1703011386991.png

Wasting my f******g time still stuck in Cape Verde no network cover £26 add on not worth a t*** thanks EE will definitely by this add on again when I come here 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

That appears to only be a partial transcript. What was the response to you texting "GOING"?.... In other words, have you had text confirmation that roaming is setup?

Thanks, your phone all set up to roam in Europe, and you have a £10 Spend Cap active.

You have three choices:

1. To understand the costs or if you can buy a roaming pass reply with the country you're going to e.g. Spain (Please only reply with one country)

2. To change your roaming options, we recommend this if travelling to EU countries that border non EU country e.g. Cyprus reply ROAMING OPTIONS

3. To review your Spend Cap please reply SPEND CAP I don’t understand why the reply is concerning roaming in Europe when the previous text clearly confirms the roam everywhere add on is active including zone 8 roaming 

@Cokse  it’s says your set to roaming in Europe as stated that doesn’t include Cape Verde.