cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple TV plus add on not working.

l_cardani
Investigator
Investigator

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I'm seeing a few people in the forums with the same issue and no solution (other than calling technical support, who apparently send you to Apple who send you back to EE!!).

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nothingmatters
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone watching this thread, I posted the solution here: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Offers-Add-ons/When-I-click-the-link-for-Apple-TV-trial-the-app-says-i...

You can edit the URL so it works, without having to go through customer support.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Emsuk78
Investigator
Investigator

I have. I spoke to EE technical and although not really their area we figured it out. When I originally used the link and signed up my phone was on my home WiFi so it didn't recognise I was with EE and do the extra mobile number step and set up my free 6 months. So I made sure I was all logged out of apple tv account on the phone and internet webpage, they then sent me a new link to my phone number, which I clicked on whilst on my 4g EE network, I then followed the steps with the Apple account I had already created and there was an extra step where it asked for my EE mobile number, and then the EE 6 month subscription was showing in my account. Now working fine in all devices. So in conclusion you must use the link whilst on 4G EE not wifi or it won't work.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - glad you got it sorted!

I've tried whilst on 4G but it still isn't working for me, maybe that's because it thinks I've already used the link though - I'll try calling them for a new one tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @l_cardani

Welcome to the community. 

Did you receive a text with a link?

If yes, is it the link that is not working?

Are you seeing any error messages?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi Katie

Yes, I received a link - no error message but when I click on it it redirects to tv.apple.com/gb rather than an offer page.

Thanks

Louise

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @l_cardani

Since speaking with Apple have you been back in touch with technical care?

Katie

Bassman77
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I am having the same issue - I received a link by text last night, but the only option is a 7 day trial direct with Apple, there's no obvious way to activate the EE 6 month trial.

Thanks,

Simon

Leanne_T

Hi @Bassman77 

Have you had the offer previously? 

What device are you using to activate Apple TV+?

Leanne 🙂

Bassman77
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

I've had Apple TV+ previously, but not through EE.

I'm using a Samsung S20FE.

Simon.

Leanne_T

Thanks @Bassman77 

Do you have the Apple TV+ add-on showing in your EE app? 

Are you able to try the link using another browser or desktop? 

Leanne.