cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Friends & Family discount has been removed

Kiesy
Investigator
Investigator

I pre-ordered the Pixel 8 Pro with the free Pixel Watch 2 on release day. My upgrade was shown as moving to the all rounder with my F&F discount of 30% applied to bring it down to £50.40 from £72 a month. I have an email confirming this.

I get my phone yesterday and swapped SIM etc. This morning I receive a text telling me that my F&F has expired???? 

I have to add, this F&F is from me working from T-Mobile circa 2007 when I left and my staff plan turned into a F&F. This was supposed to be for life. I originally got 50% discount which EE gradually reduced to 30%. How do I get this back?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ste2830
Explorer

From what I understand from a couple of people who have the discount when upgrading recently it's dropped off due to the system and they just re-add on.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Shireenp92
Investigator
Investigator

Same here! I’ve done a chat with EE and apparently their f&f changed 2 days ago and that it need to be added through the f&f team with a new code. 

Was that done through store or 150? I have to go to the store to get changed to an eSIM tomorrow anyway so could possibly kill two birds with one stone.

Neither. Online apprently. This is the link I’ve been given from webchat. https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=iFbzpwCcXk26QSnxRjd6sFhESJCwoeRAtbq6IVFOToNUQkVK...

That seems to be for employees to give a F&F discount code to a new or upgraded line? It has a section asking for the discount code to be applied, which I don't have. I'll try in-store tomorrow and update on that adventure.

I did think that! Please keep us updated as can’t really afford the extra £25 odd so might have to cancel. Seems cheaper to take out a new line as a new customer on EE! 

Ganatranil
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had the same and called up EE and was told everyones was removed for some reason but it wasnt meant to happen and she filled out some form to have it reapplied to my account

ste2830
Explorer

From what I understand from a couple of people who have the discount when upgrading recently it's dropped off due to the system and they just re-add on.

Kiesy
Investigator
Investigator

So, I went in store (as I wanted to change to an eSim anyway) and they advised me to F&F no longer applies to price pal s with handsets? I advised that I have confirmation of my new price plan, upgrade and discount confirmed via email. They asked me if the person who applied it still works for them and my response was "Er, no. I stopped working for T-Mobile in 2007." They asked how long I'd had an account with them and a bunch of other questions. Turns out there's different F&F discounts. 

Mine is a 'Legacy F&F' discount and should not have been removed so they told me to call 150 and speak to billing.

I did that and was quite surprised that it wasn't an arduous task. The lady on the other hand me on hold for five minutes after I explained everything and then came back to me to say it had been re-applied.

I got a resolution!

Please check my account I just upgraded to an IPhone 15 and my friend and family discount is not showing but it was all agreed when I ordered everything on the phone.