cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends and family discount code not applied

Blue3663
Visitor

Hi - I work for BT and last month upgraded my son's phone using a generated 30% friends and family code, which was accepted at point of order.

This is my first billing month with the upgrade on, but the code doesn't seem to have been applied.  I can see the code in my discount code history page, generated on the same day I upgraded his phone, and I remember using it when ordering the phone but speaking to customers services today, they cant find any trace of the code neither could they suggest a route to fix my problem. Hoping someone here can at least point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Blue3663 

Welcome to the EE Community,

a member of the community support team should be able to point you in the right direction @James_B @Leanne_T @Christopher_G 

Thanks,

David.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Blue3663

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your discount. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Chris

I only managed to apply my discount code on July 11th after the third attempt. It should have applied last December when I upgraded my contract and handset. Am I able to claim back the difference from my bill backdated from the time I first applied the discount code? Obviously it’s their error so am I entitled to a refund?

Leanne_T

Morning @Steveyboy

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please give us a call on 150 and our customer care team will get this looked into for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

hannahlamb123
Visitor

i am having the same issue. i am upgrading my dads phone on his own seperate account and it isnt letting me apply the 30% discount. i have generated a new code and tried that but nothing is working 

Christopher_G

Hi @hannahlamb123

Does your dad have any existing discounts?

Could you try these steps please? 

1. Make sure you're accepting 'all cookies' if prompted when using ee.co.uk otherwise the voucher codes will fail. 
2. Delete cache and cookies from your browser.
3. Try typing the voucher code, rather than using copy/paste.
4. If you've previously entered the voucher and clicked 'Back' on the browser, the next time you enter the voucher again it fails. If you enter a random word in the voucher field/box, delete it and then try adding the voucher code again it should work.
5. Make sure you have not selected a 'Good as New' deal, these are not eligible.
6. Have you selected a special deal, such as a 'Trade In' deal? try selecting another phone or plan to see if the code then works.
7. Vouchers only work on handset and SIMO, they will not work on other products such as tablets and watches etc.
8. Try using an alternative internet browser to access ee.co.uk like Firefox.

Thanks. 

Chris

Chris