cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE - Apple tv free 6 months not working.

Jameswright94
Explorer

I have only just taken up the offer of 6 months free apple tv after being an EE and BT customer for many, many years.

Not long received the text message link to go and sign up, and everytime I do, it just offers me only a free week and that's it, can anyone / customer services advice me on why this is please? And a possible fix to the issue.

Many thanks in advance,

James W.

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jameswright94 

Welcome to the community,

Have you had a free trial for Apple TV+ with us before?
Chris

Hello,

Not that I'm aware of, but I jump between many different streaming services and have been with EE for a long time, so it is entirely possible I may of previously at some point.

Thank you for your response, I've since been able to redeem a free 3 month offer for that same service, although it's not the 6 months stated, I'm still more than happy still so isn't that much of an issue.

Many thanks again,

James.

NastyNy
Visitor

Hi Jameswright94,

Just curious how you overcome the issue ?

Had apple tv for a month and its never worked ,EE tech not much help asked me to speak to Apple amd apple semt me back to EE ....strap line for this isssue is have you had it before ...lol

notappy
Explorer

Just tried to get my 6 months free Apple TV as an add on - no link was sent.  I'm just being asked to sign up for £8.99 a month.  

Leanne_T

Hi @notappy 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

If you log into the EE app and select Plan & Add-ons > Add-ons, do you have Apple TV+ showing? 

Leanne. 

Yes, followed all the links but get the msg ‘ we’ve had a problem loading this info. Please try again in a while.
I waited an hour or so but nothing has happened.

I wonder if it’s because I had to use my old sim when I upgraded as the new sim you sent wouldn’t work/register.
Also why can’t I get the EE app to stay on my screen . I have to go to App Store, Open, sign in. Used to have it.
Sent from my iPad
Leanne_T

Hi @notappy 

If you search the app library on the phone and delete the EE app, can you redownload the EE app from the app store and this should show for you. 

Could you try opening the Apple TV+ link in another browser, do you get the same message? 

Leanne.