cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports Smart addon - No longer Ultimate ??

b1gduk
Contributor
Contributor

I took out a ee 200GB deal in 2021 with smart add on BT Sports that I paid £5 to get big screen. I am sure I was able to watch content in 4K. I think it was BT Sports Ultimate. My contact expired but rolled on a few months and I continued to benefit from this tarriff including free EU roaming as it was early 2021.

I "upgraded" to another 24 month All rounder package with smart benefit/addon and selected BT Sports. I then SMS SPORT to 150 to get a txt back saying it will be added for a further £10/pm . Hang on. I called 150 and was told that I could get big screen for £5.72 pm or for £11+ per month the 4K UHD enhanced match experience ....

I feel quite mislead as I would have been better just letting my old contract roll on as although I was to save £5 pm month by renewing , to get the BT Sports I used to get will cost me another £5+ extra AND i now have no EU Roaming and 125GB instead of 200GB I used to have.

Was this a stealth downgrading of the smart addon offering at some point ?

3 REPLIES 3
b1gduk
Contributor
Contributor

A bit more , the txt I got back after adding Big Screen option says that I’m now paying £5.72 for BT Sport Large Screen with BT Sport Ultimate.

Called though to 150 this morning and confirmed it was the Ult package I have but I’m missing the BT Sports ultimate channel and there is no 4K/UHD replay content I can find.

The advisor didn’t really know what was wrong .

when I log into the mybt account it shows the BT Sport product, should it say Ultimate there ?

Im suspecting a provisioning issue now ?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @b1gduk 

Have you logged out of the BT Sport app and back in after activating the BT Sport large screen? 

If so, what add-ons show in your My EE app for BT Sport? 

Leanne 🙂

I did thanks Leanne.

It does seem I have Ultimate as a game tonight is on both BT Sport 1 and BT Sports Ultimate. Although I don’t have an Ultimate Channel, when I start watching in BT Sports 1 a pop up comes up asking if I want to watch in UHD which does work.

Perhaps after all it was me not understanding how this works.

My EE smart addon says BT Sports no mention of UHD but the Large screen option allows it. When I log into mybt it shows the BT Sport product , would be clearer if it was called BT Sport Ultimate or Ult which the ee customer services rep kept referring to as unlimited … Any way looks like I’m sorted.