Did you mean: 

Attempting to Upgrade and Claim Inclusive Add on... not showing up

TerryPendi
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all

I've just gone to upgrade and saw a SIM only deal that I liked the look of:

1.png

I saw that Xbox Game Pass was on the list of Inclusive Extras, so decided to go ahead with this particular plan. Unfortunately, I've hit a bit of a roadblock and not sure where to go from here.

The Problem
When I click 'Choose Plan' I get the 'Add-On' page that asks me to choose my add-ons. The only two options on there are:

• Roam Abroad Pass - £15 p/m
  • Apple Arcade - £4.99 p/m

2.png

I'm not interested in either of these, so I click the button that says 'Continue to Plan Add-Ons', assuming that this is where I will be able to pick Gamepass. However the next screen shows this:

3.png

There is no Plan Add-ons to select here, and instead it asks me to enter a promo code and/or set a monthly spending cap.

The only other button on there is 'Continue to Checkout', and clicking that takes me to the final page where I confirm the delivery address. Although not shown on the screenshot, the only button to select under the delivery address is 'Place Order'

4.png

I'm reluctant to place the order in case I'm not able to select GamePass as an Inclusive Extra after completing, as it's the main reason I am looking to upgrade with this plan. 

When I log out of my account, and attempt to the same deal as a 'New User', I now get a completely different layout and the benefits show up correctly. I can't go ahead with this of course, as I'm wanting to upgrade and not take out a 2nd contract - so any help would be appreciated.

TerryPendi_0-1683200028132.png

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Camcs 

Once the plan changes, you'll be able to select the add-on through your My EE account.

Chris

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Camcs
Visitor

Hi there

I'm have exactly the same problem. Any help from someone would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Christopher_G

Hi @Camcs 

Once the plan changes, you'll be able to select the add-on through your My EE account.

Chris

Is this the confirmed process, or is this a workaround? 

My father upgraded his contract 2 days ago to one with an inclusive extra but when I checked with him earlier today, he confirmed that he has no options in MyEE to select.

Leanne_T

Hi @TerryPendi 

You can select the inclusive extra after the plan has changed within the My EE account, if this is not showing after the plan changes please get your Father to call us on 150. 

If you are wanting to upgrade and select the inclusive extra please call us on 150 and the team will see if they can add this at the same time for you. 

Leanne. 

TerryPendi
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks both. I can confirm that after upgrading, I immediately got the option to select a perk in My EE.

I spoke to my Dad again, and looks like he confused his upgrade - he thought he picked one with an Inclusive Extra but that wasn't the case (the dolt!)

Leanne_T

Thanks for letting me know @TerryPendi 

Leanne 🙂

Chris12341234
Explorer

Having the exact same issue; also can't select full cover insurance. Just making it a very tentative process. Why on earth is this still happening, it's ridiculous. And it's not good enough to say ' you can just add it later...' how are we suppose to know that in the first instance? Come on, people are parting with money for long contracts here.

Katie_B

Hi @Chris12341234

Welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. 

If you wish to add insurance and select your add-on on at the point of purchase and this is not showing for you please give us a call. 

Katie