cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate EE add ons

Jon_777
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve recently started a sim only with add ons. The add ons are there in My EE app but can’t activate them. I believe I should have had a text to do this from EE but haven’t. The sim has been active for a week. Any help? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi Jon_777.

Welcome to the community.

What add-ons are you trying to use?

Were they part of the package when you signed up?

Jon

Hi Jon.

Yes part of the package.

Apple music and is included and free for six months. My EE app lists it as an add on but I have no idea how I actually use it. Should I click on the add on from the Your plan and add ons page it tells me when it expires and the option to disable it. 

I presume EE would text with with details of how to actually activate the add on? I should just add the sim was bought online via EE and although the paperwork arrived I never got the actual sim card. I ended up calling into EE shop in York where a helpful assistant soon sorted me a replacement sim despite being under pressure from a particularly obnoxious customer in the shop.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Jon_777.

I'm glad the store were able to help you with this.

If you text MUSIC to 150, you'll get a text back with instructions on how to set up Apple Music.

Jon

Hi Jon

I have already done the text thing after a search on these forums. I get a message back saying I already have an Apple Music subscription through EE. It then has a link to allow me to set it up if I already haven’t 

So I follow the link and get the message ‘No subscription through mobile network provider’ and then ‘find out if you are eligible to try Apple Music for free’

This takes me to an Apple store page and the option to pay for a subscription. No free 6 months. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Jon_777.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team about this so they can check your account.

They will be able to see why the six months isn't working.

Jon

OK, thanks will do that.

Lr38
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I'm having the same issue. I bought a sim with Xbox game pass ultimate but can't find anywhere to redeem it and haven't had any messages off them. There is nothing online to help either just tells me how to buy them

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Lr38

Welcome to the EE Community. 

When did you purchase your SIM?

What SIM only deal did you purchase?

Katie