cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data stopped working

kb9
Contributor
Contributor

I am in Switzerland. My mobile data has worked fine for months, but yesterday it stopped working. Data is switched on. I have turned phone, on and off, data on and off. Texts are still sending. Nothing seems to work.

Phone account says I have 5.7gb left and computer account says I have just over 3gb. Both have different records, so it's STILL NOT fixed from the beginning of the year. Either way, there is more than enough data for it to be working.

I hope someone can help.

10 REPLIES 10
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @kb9 

Are you on PAYG or pay-monthly?

Are you able to make & receive voice calls ok?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

I purchase a data pack each month. Calls working fine. Already said I have re-started phone. ... numerous times

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kb9

Are there any maintenance works in your area? You can check by entering your postcode and ticking the 'I have a problem' button on our coverage checker.

Chris

no

kb9
Contributor
Contributor

reminder...I am in switzerland.

Although you evidently have a data allowance, you've mentioned about a "phone account" & "computer account", can you explain what you mean by this?

If you text BALANCE to 150, what does it say by response?

And are you getting the same problem on more than one Swiss network?

text balance says 5.7gb.

logging into account on computer says about 3.3gb.

I was told one by text message is more accurate, but that both should show the same. It was going to be looked into and fixed in February. It has never been the same.

One register's - the one that was always used (Swisscom), but doesn't work, yet shows that it is the one for Mobile data.

Second one can't even register.

Third one (salt) works....hooray!...thanks!

Why does one register, and show signal and bars on phone, yet the data doesn't work?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @kb9

Thanks for coming back and letting us know this is now working after connecting to a different network. 

Please be sure to let us know if you have any questions again in the future. 

Katie 🙂

For the record, I had the exact same problem this weekend. Roaming in Switzerland, data stopped working suddenly. Restarted phone, bought a new pack, everything I could think of. Based on this post, I changed from "Automatically select network" (it was on Swisscom) to manual selection, choosing Salt. Now it works again.