WiFi Calling

Rfox87
Visitor

Hello

I live in virtually a mobile blackspot and have to rely on WiFi calling to ensure I can make phone calls at home - whilst the map guide says I have a 4g signal indoors/outdoors at my home, which I do, it's so weak/slow that calls over volte are near impossible.

Anyway, relying on WiFi calling is a necessity, but this generally only presents a problem when it comes to buying a new phone - If the phone I want isn't available through the carrier, I'll buy it from the manufacturer directly however I have had issues previously (on other networks) where WiFi calling isn't working. My current phones (both oppo) are unlocked and bought from the manufacturer but both have WiFi calling. 

Is there anything that will prevent WiFi calling from working on phones from elsewhere, or has tech moved on from when I last had issues. I want to get the OnePlus Open, however don't fancy taking a £1600 gamble on whether WiFi calling works...

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I would suggest purchasing any new phone online or via telesales if you want to be certain.

That way, you'll get 14days statutory cancellation rights as a matter of course.