cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White traingle on top of screen with exclamation mark

Cmarti87
Investigator
Investigator

I'm in America, and I have a roaming pass. But I can only text, not call. I have a basic 4g Nokia and there is a white triangle on the top left of the screen. I have a sim-only plan and don't use any data. EE says I can use my usual plan but I can't make calls, only send texts. Any help would be amazing!

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cmarti87 

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you able to try manually searching for a network in the phone settings to see if any show available for you to try and see if you can make calls? 

Leanne 🙂

Yes! But I'm connected to EE and can send texts, just not make calls...

@Cmarti87  You can not be connected to EE in the USA. EE only has a network in the UK and isn’t a USA network.  Have you tried restarting the device since you got there ?   You should be connecting to AT&T or T-Mobile US.  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

What's the model of your basic 4G Nokia?

I suspect your issue could be lack of VoLTE - 4G calling - which is now a requirement in the US.

Does your phone have any options for enabling VoLTE or, failing that, disabling 4G and forcing 2G-only in the network options menu?

It's a Nokia 105 4G 2023. If I turn on 2G only, I get no service!

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-105-4g?sku=1GF018TPA1H01

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cmarti87 

Do any networks show available when on 4G in the device settings? 

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The Nokia 105 has VoLTE (4G-calling) support which is now essential in the US.

There may be an option in the phone's menus to enable VoLTE or check its status.

It says I'm on 4G and connected  to T-Mobile... I can send and receive texts but not calls!

I rang EE tech support from my friend's phone but they couldn't fix it...

Yes, I'm connected to 4G T-Mobile. I can text but not call...