Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send TXT but still receiving TXT messages

Chris1210
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Earlier today I received assistance from EE to solve an issue regarding receiving MMS. I was advised to do a Reset networking settings in General Management. This worked and I can now receive MMS.

Now I can't send text messages but I'm still receiving them. I have already checked the messenge centre number which is correct.

Any help please?

Many thanks

Chris

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thank you for your reply.

I have just fixed the problem! When I did the Reset Networking (which fixed the MMS issues), the Mobile Data option was turned on. When this option is ON I can't send messages (never been able to with Mobile Data on). I have now turned the Mobile Data off, and messages work as normal.

Many thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Chris1210 and welcome to the EE community!!

On the basis that your text message centre is correctly set to +44 7958 879879...

Are you on PAYG or pay-monthly? If PAYG, do you have sufficient credit or a pack to cover the cost of the message?

What happens when you try to send a text message? Do you get any error, for example?

Thank you for your reply.

I have just fixed the problem! When I did the Reset Networking (which fixed the MMS issues), the Mobile Data option was turned on. When this option is ON I can't send messages (never been able to with Mobile Data on). I have now turned the Mobile Data off, and messages work as normal.

Many thanks 🙂